JOB OPPORTUNITY AT THE MEDIA NANNY AS PR MANAGER
Since 2010, The Media Nanny has offered every form of PR management services to artists, events and brands in the entertainment industry and beyond. Under the leadership of CEO José Woldring, the agency is recognised globally for providing a boutique PR service on an international level. The Media Nanny works with various artists such as The Blessed Madonna, Haai, Reinier Zonneveld, Gordo, Oliver Heldens, Joel Corry, Acraze, Benny Benassi, Topic, Gianluca Vacchi, and organisations like ID&T, Audio Obscura and Tomorrowland, as well as brands like Porsche, KEF, Audemars Piguet, Havana and many more for their global PR campaigns.
You’ll join a young, fun, and passionate team that gets energy from working with talent and brands, both nationally and internationally from our Headquarters located in the beautiful De L’Europe Hotel in the city centre of Amsterdam. (Including our famous VrijMiBo’s at Freddy’s bar….:-))
We are looking for a PR Manager with a passion for PR, media, and the industry we work in.
We’re looking for an experienced, energetic, and smart PR person with a healthy rolodex of media contacts to help us tell our clients stories. This is a high-impact position that will play a key role in accelerating our clients’ momentum and growing their reputation with audiences that count. Reporting to the Senior PR Team, the PR Manager will craft and disseminate the client’s narrative through the media and beyond.
As a PR Manager, you will run point on media strategy for releases, tours, and concepts and strategically increase visibility and awareness. You will work cross-functionally with artists, managers, booking agents and label marketeers and communicate with journalists and other influencers; create specific communications materials/collateral and campaigns based on an understanding of journalists’ interests; engage in face-to-face meetings with opinion formers; and be an authentic, constant champion of the Media Nanny team.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English (and Dutch), a proven ability to think strategically about messaging and pitching, and the ability to work well with senior level executives. We’re looking for someone with the ability to grow quickly with us, who is motivated by an open book, and who has considerable PR experience and press contacts in the music or entertainment industry.
- Elevate our clients profiles in the media
- Create press outreach strategy and write press releases
- Establish relationships with key reporters to increase awareness of our clients
- Write biographies, organize photo shoots and keep press kits up to date
- Lead interview prep for clients and create Q&A’s
- Securing media placements
- Working onsite at events
- Coordinating with artist managers / tour managers / agents regarding press
- Handling interview schedules
- Organizing press events
- Tracking publications and generate reports
- Manage Junior PR Managers and delegate tasks
- You have about 3-4 years of PR/communications experience – agency experience is a strong advantage
- Proven account management skills (specifically in the field of music PR), experience in rolling out integrated (earned, owned, shared and paid) campaigns and working in (international) teams
- Experience in working in teams and supporting Senior PR managers, as well as guiding Junior PR Managers
- You contribute innovative, inspiring ideas for both clients and the agency
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills (ENG / NL)
- Deep knowledge of media (print, online, radio, tv etc)
- Superior organizational skills and time management
- Ability to execute complex projects with tight deadlines
- Strong media relationships
- You are a team player, you get to the heart of the matter quickly, you work efficiently and you think in terms of solutions
- You do not have a 9 to 5 mentality, you are flexible, you work in a structured way and you deal well with deadlines
- High-confidence and composure, low-ego and no 9-5 mentality
- A love for and knowledge of the entertainment / music industry
Please send resume, a note about yourself, why the vacancy caught your eye and your favorite electronic dance music track to firstname.lastname@example.org 😀