We’re looking for an experienced, energetic, and smart PR person with a healthy rolodex of media contacts to help us tell our clients stories. This is a high-impact position that will play a key role in accelerating our clients’ momentum and growing their reputation with audiences that count. As a PR Manager you will craft and disseminate the client’s narrative through the media.
You will run point on media strategy for releases, tours, and concepts and strategically increase visibility and awareness. You will work cross-functionally with artists, managers, booking agents and label marketeers for our artists and with marketing managers, bookers and social media managers for our festivals and communicate with journalists and other influencers; create specific communications materials/collateral and campaigns based on an understanding of journalists’ interests; engage in face-to-face meetings with opinion formers; and be an authentic, constant champion of The Media Nanny team, working from our Amsterdam HQ.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, where English is essential. Also, a proven ability to think strategically about messaging and pitching, and the ability to work well with senior level executives. We are looking for someone with the ability to grow quickly with us, who is motivated by an open book, and who has considerable PR experience.
– Elevate our clients profiles in the media
– Create press outreach strategy and write press releases
– Establish relationships with key reporters to increase awareness of our clients
– Write biographies, boilerplates, organize photo shoots and keep press kits up to date
– Lead interview prep for clients and create Q&A’s
– Securing media placements
– Working onsite at events + travel with artists
– Working onsite at festivals + travel when needed
– Coordinating with artist managers / tour managers / agents regarding press for our artists
– Coordinating with marketing managers, social media managers, bookers regarding press for our festivals
– Handling interview schedules for our artists and festivals
– Handling press accreditation for our festivals
– Develop and execute influencer strategies for our festivals
– Organizing press events and press trips
– Tracking publications and generate reports
– Overseeing interns and delegate tasks
– Minimum 3 years of PR/communications experience
– Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
– Fluent in English
– Strong contact base of diverse media
– Knowledge of media (social media, print, online, radio, tv etc.)
– Superior organizational skills and time management
– Ability to execute complex projects with tight deadlines
– High-confidence and composure, low-ego and no 9-5 mentality
– A love for music and events
– Team player
– Good sense of humor
We are seeking to fill this full time (40 hours) position as soon as possible.
Please send your resume, a note about yourself, why the vacancy caught your eye and your biggest musical guilty pleasure to email@example.com