We’re looking for an experienced, energetic, and smart PR person with a healthy rolodex of media contacts to help us tell our clients stories. This is a high-impact position that will play a key role in accelerating our clients’ momentum and growing their reputation with audiences that count. As a PR Manager you will craft and disseminate the client’s narrative through the media.
You will run point on media strategy for releases, tours, and concepts and strategically increase visibility and awareness. You will work cross-functionally with artists, managers, booking agents and label marketeers and communicate with journalists and other influencers; create specific communications materials/collateral and campaigns based on an understanding of journalists’ interests; engage in face-to-face meetings with opinion formers; and be an authentic, constant champion of The Media Nanny team, working from our Amsterdam HQ or London office.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English, a proven ability to think strategically about messaging and pitching, and the ability to work well with senior level executives. We are looking for someone with the ability to grow quickly with us, who is motivated by an open book, and who has considerable PR experience.
– Elevate our clients profiles in the media
– Create press outreach strategy and write press releases
– Establish relationships with key reporters to increase awareness of our clients
– Write biographies, organize photo shoots and keep press kits up to date
– Lead interview prep for clients and create Q&A’s
– Securing media placements
– Working onsite at events + travel with artists
– Coordinating with artist managers / tour managers / agents regarding press
– Handling interview schedules
– Organizing press events
– Tracking publications and generate reports
– Overseeing interns and delegate tasks
– 1-3 years of PR/communications experience.
– Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
– Knowledge of media (print, online, radio, tv etc)
– Superior organizational skills and time management.
– Ability to execute complex projects with tight deadlines.
– High-confidence and composure, low-ego and no 9-5 mentality
– A love for music and events
– Good sense of humor
Please send your resume, a note about yourself, why the vacancy caught your eye and your biggest musical guilty pleasure to email@example.com
Photo credits: Awakenings Festival